It was an A.M.A.Z.I.N.G experience at the ‘amazing’ Landmark University as it hosts the Kwara State Qualifier of the Nigeria Spelling Bee 2018 Season.
In his welcome address, the Vice Chancellor of the University Prof. Olayanjo Adeniyi, represented by Prof. Christian Osueke commended the Nigeria Spelling Bee for its efforts towards educating the kids and uniting the youths through its educational and cultural program. He also urged the spellers to put in their best efforts.
Spellers from across Kwara State converged for the annual event to spell their way to winning N1,000,000 scholarship at the National Level.
After rounds of proving their spelling prowess, the competition saw the emergence of 8 spellers that will represent the Great Kwara at the North Central Regional Qualifier of the bee. These spellers include:
- Queen Dare (975) of Landmark University Secondary School, Omu Aran
- Omogbolade Olawoyin (979) of Landmark University Secondary School, Omu Aran
- Folakemi O. Olori (1001) of Eucharistic Heart of Jesus Model College, Ilorin
- Oluwatosin Fowora (1028) of Eucharistic Heart of Jesus Model College, Ilorin
- Bankeoluwa Obisanya (1035) of Landmark University Secondary School, Omu Aran
- Ukamaka N. Ezechukwu (1055) of Landmark University Secondary School, Omu Aran
- Ondachi Jeremiah (1106) of Deeper Life High School Ilorin
- Amao Tolowalase (1111) of Deeper Life High School Ilorin
These spellers will compete alongside spellers from other North-Central states of Nigeria at the Regional Competition for a chance to emerge National Finalists. National champions will represent Nigeria at the 2018 African Spelling Bee in Mombasa – Kenya.
At the end of the competition, the chairman of Landmark University Secondary School, Pst. (Dr) James Ndako took the Nigeria Spelling Bee team for a tour of the University Campus.
We will like to thank the Staff and management of Landmark University Secondary School as well as the University for hosting the Kwara State Qualifier. A big thank you also goes to all the parents, coaches and teachers for their efforts towards the spellers’ participation at the event.