As the Nigeria Spelling Bee progresses into a new Season of the academic year, we invite schools (other bodies too) to join us as stakeholders in making the season the best season yet.
Outlined below are benefits and requirements to have the hosting rights for this Season of the Nigeria Spelling Bee.
Note: No payment is required to host the Nigeria Spelling Bee.
As host of the event, your school is entitled to the below benefits.
- 10 FREE REGISTRATIONS for your students to contest at the State Level Qualifier
- Mention and link-back as “State Host” of the Nigeria Spelling Bee before, during and after the competition on all media reportage of the event.
- Banner placement of host beside the Nigeria Spelling Bee banner on stage as an advert.
- Certificate of Hosting presented to your school.
- Opportunity to showcase your school to all persons present.
- Other benefits may be announced later.
- (Hosting the National Finals comes with other terms and conditions to be discussed on a per-case basis)
Stated below are minimum requirements that will be best suited for most states. Some states may require more space or may not use up all space. So we encourage you to apply and await endorsement.
- Hall capacity of at least 200 single seats.
- An easy-to-find location
- 250 single chairs and 4 tables
- Stage area (an elevated platform at the front of the hall)
- Well ventilated or aerated space (i.e. large windows, fans, AC units)
- Standby power supply for the duration of the contest
- Sound Public Address System with at least 2 microphones
- Requirements for the National Hosting Right may include accommodation and feeding for up to 130 persons for a 3 day period.
- The competition may last up to 12hours in largely populated states or may be split into more than one day.
Hosting Application Form
Feel free to fill the application form below, provide pictures if available (it will ease the process) and a member of our team will contact you if your school is selected.