The Nigeria Spelling Bee was conducted in Cross River State for the first time on the 9th of March, 2018 as part of the State Qualifiers Round.
Spellers from across the state converged in Calabar for the literary competition to showcase their spelling prowess and prove their worth to represent the State at the Regional Qualifiers.
After just three rounds of the contest, the below-listed Spellers emerged the best Spellers in the State.
- Immauel Inyang E. (1722) Deeper Life High School, Calabar, Campus
- Gabriel James-Williams Chiahukamnaaya (1723) Deeper Life High School, Calabar Campus
- David Ugoji (1725) Deeper Life High School, Calabar
- Odelia Harold (1793) Deeper Life High School, Calabar Campus
- Precious Anthony Thompson (2055) Duchess Park Academy Akwa-Ibom
- Enwono Abasi Emmauel Ekefre (2374) Agnes Paul MOntessori School, Calabar, Cross River State
- Ishola Gold Oluwagbemisola (2375) Agnes Paul Montessori School, Calabar, Cross River State
- Remi-Etta Jason Ayomide (2379) Agnes Paul Montessori School, Calabar, Cross River State
- Ujong Cherie Ubi (2380) Agnes Paul Montessori School, Calabar, Cross River State
- Ani Daniel Elemi (2381) Agnes Paul Montessori School, Calabar, Cross River State
- Ini-Mfon Micheal Inyang (2530) Duchess Park Academy Ikot Ekpene, Akwa -Ibom State
- Eki Anita Vodina (2538) Daniest International High School
- Iyorza Israel-Simon K. (2539) Daniest International High School
These Students will meet with other Spellers from South-South states of the country to compete for a chance to be one of the National Finalists for the 2018 Season with a Grand Prize of One Million Naira Scholarship.
Other prizes include N500,000 for the 1st Runner-up and N250,000 for the 2nd Runner-up.
National champions will also represent Nigeria at the African Spelling Bee in Mombasa Kenya this year.
We wish to thank the host school – Agnes Paul Montessori School Calabar for providing a conducive environment for competition; and to all participating schools, coaches and parents for contributing to the success of the event.
See photos below and leave your comments