Welcome to our FAQ page.
Before you put a call through to our representative, please take the time out to check if your intended question has already been answered here. Thanks
The competition is open to all students in Nigeria within the criteria, both Spellers registering under their schools or registered by parents.
- Senior spellers must not be more than 16years as at November 2020 (Please do the necessary calculations).
- Senior spellers must not have passed SS2 or be writing their UTME, WAEC or Senior NECO in the 2020 Academic Session.
- The advised minimum age for the Senior category is 13years (this is not a restriction to younger outstanding spellers).
- Junior spellers must not be more than 13years as at November 2020 (Please do the necessary calculations).
- The advised minimum age for the Junior category is 9years (this is not a restriction to younger outstanding spellers).
After payment, visit the registration portal to fill in the details of the speller. A confirmation slip will be presented after registration. Spellers are expected to submit their confirmation slips during accreditation on the competition day.
Schools are advised to avail the same opportunity to all interested students.
i.e., ABC School only pays ₦20,000 for 11 spellers; or ₦24,000 for 13 students. Schools will need to fill all speller forms with that one teller.
If your state is not yet listed under ‘upcoming’ or ‘concluded’, it will be communicated to you via SMS once it is confirmed. We advise that you register, download the study guide and start studying or preparing your students.
Please visit our HOSTING page for details and benefits of a host school and to make your request official.
At the end of the round, spellers who spelt correctly will progress to the next round, this is done until the needed number of Qualifiers emerge in the state or regional level, or until a Champion emerges in the National Finals.
Spellers are expected to read broadly and use the study guide as a guide on how words are usually formed based on their origins.
A list containing indigenous words (Yoruba, Hausa and Igbo) is provided for use in the Fun (Non-elimination) round of the contest at State and Regional Qualifiers.
First send a text message (SMS) with your question, stating your location and all your questions to 09056624866. You will receive a reply immediately.
You can also send your enquiry via WhatsApp to 09056624866.
Finally, you can put a call through to 09056624866 during the day or late evening (no odd hours calls please).