The “Glory of all Lands” had its State Level Qualifiers on the 27th of May as students converged to slog it out and emerge Top Spellers in the state.
National Champions stand to win a One Million Naira or Five Hundred Thousand Naira Scholarship for the Senior and Junior categories respectively among other prizes.
The best National Finals spellers also get to represent Nigeria at the African Spelling Bee championship.
The competition consisted of the written test and oral rounds.
At the end of the rounds, these spellers emerged to represent the state at the South-South regional competition, where they will contest alongside their counterparts from Cross River, Rivers, Akwa-Ibom, Edo and Delta States for a slot in the National Finals.
- Augusta Okadigbo of Samara Montessori School, Yenegoa
- Briella Apiagi Hansal Int’l School, Yenagoa
- Ebinabo Thompson of Hansal Int’l School, Yenagoa
- Janefrances Wilson of New Total Child Academy Yenagoa
- Kossy Evarada of New Total Child Academy Yenagoa
- Noel Opoto of New Total Child Academy, Yenagoa
- Peace Mandy Akpalo of Hansal Int’l School, Yenagoa
- Pere-Ere Igonwari of New Total Child Academy, Yenagoa
- Precious Tamaranua Ere-Blessing of Hansal Int’l School, Yenagoa
- Victoria Akpakoro of His New Ebis Road, Ukutukutu
- Zoe Odoko of Hansal Int’l School Yenagoa
- Adeola Adeyeye of Hansal Int’l School Yenagoa
- Samuel Copper of Hansal Int’l School Yenagoa
We wish to thank our host, Hansal International School Yenagoa for hosting the state qualifiers.
Our appreciation also goes to all hardworking coaches and their respective schools for their efforts in building literary giants.