“Nature’s Gift to the Nation”, also known as Taraba State held its first-ever State Level Competition of the Nigeria Spelling Bee in Jalingo, the state capital.
The contest, hosted at Excellence International School Jalingo saw spellers from multiple schools in the beautiful city converge to clinch a spot to represent the State at the Regionals, and hopefully, progress to the Nationals.
National Champions stand to win a One Million Naira or Five Hundred Thousand Naira Scholarship for the Senior and Junior categories respectively among other prizes.
The best National Finals spellers also get to represent Nigeria at the African Spelling Bee championship.
The competition consisted of the written test and oral rounds.
At the end of the rounds, these spellers emerged to represent Taraba State at the North-East Regional competition, where they will contest alongside their counterparts from Borno, Gombe, Yobe, Adamawa and Bauchi States for a slot in the National Finals.
- Goodness Gambo of Our Lady of Consolation Girls Sec. School
- Japhet Jeremiah of Excellence International School, Jalingo
- Miracle Dapeley Francis of Deeper Life High School, Jalingo
- Princess-Praise C Amadi of Deeper Life High School, Jalingo
- Retplang Amos of Excellence International School, Jalingo
- Wisdom Patrick of Excellence International School, Jalingo
- Wonderful Joshua of Crystal Classic Academy, Jalingo
- Chika Mbah of Our Lady of Consolation Shavon
- Gift Amadi of Excellence International School, Jalingo
- Joan Clement of Our Lady of Consolation Girls Sec. School, Jalingo
- Lydia W. Tanko of Excellence International School, Jalingo
- Pentecost Jerry of Excellence International School, Jalingo
We wish to thank our host, Excellence International School, Jalingo for hosting the state qualifiers.
Our appreciation also goes to all hardworking coaches and their respective schools for their efforts in building literary giants.